Dirty Business – The Book
At the age of 5, Debra travels with her mother back to Korea to escape a drunk and violent stepfather, but shortly after arrival her mother is brutally killed and even though she has relatives she ends up living in the streets as she has a hard time relating to people.
She learns to be a skilled pocket lifter and after an incident with the local mafia boss, she becomes his right hand and helps organize his business doing drugs, gunrunning, art theft, grand theft auto, and electronics.
Thirteen years later Debra, goes back to London, joins the army, and is sent to Afghanistan to protect pipelines for the US and opium production for the CIA. She is captured by a Russian renegade KGB operative Lev, after a Chinook crash where she was the only survivor. Tortured for weeks but rescued by an American ‘outlaw’ Goldie and his friend, a former mercenary Snyper that accidentally was present in the Afghan mountains to relieve Lev a ton of weapons he had stashed in a cave after the Russians left the country in 1989. They flew from Afghanistan over Pakistan by night in Psycho’s old Sea King, which he got by blackmailing his former employer in Central America – The CIA and sailed from Karachi to Miami in Snypers huge Yacht after killing Lev and 15 of his men on a cold godforsaken mountain.
Debra got separated from her sisters when she left London, but a lot of strange coincidences bring them together after nineteen years. Their stories are even worse.
Lenora was abused by her stepfather, ended up in the streets of Detroit hiding from the police, and lived there for four years.
Angelica became a junkie in the streets of London for thirteen years and was trafficked to Albania.
A story of violence, trafficking, modern slavery, child molesters, corruption, drugs, wars, a lot of dead scumbags, healing, and finding Love.
But where is the Sisters’ real dad and what is his secret?
I lowered my arms and straightened my back.
- Do you live here?
- We are Bosnians from Serbia, but we were stolen and sent here to work.
- Wut??? Stolen? You mean abducted?
Before he could answer, I heard a low voice behind me.
- ми недостаје мама, the youngest interrupted. I turned my head, and the little boy sat with tears in his eyes, looking deeply into the empty air in front of him. The only word I understood was mama, but his tiny trembling voice left me a brain tattoo I will never get rid of as long as I live.
- недостаје ми мама на небу.
I looked back at the oldest boy.
- What did he say? I asked almost in panic as I had a hunch where this went.
- He misses his mama in heaven, he said.
Now it was my turn to get terrified. What the fuck was this? A concentration camp for kids?