Fighting trafficking has become a huge issue for me.
Stumbling into these dirty businesses in Albania and the UK, while searching for Angelica, was a big surprise for me. I did not know trafficking was the biggest problem the world faces today.
Trafficking is going on in the shadows. Nobody talks about it. Not even the victims. They are too scared. Nobody really knows what is going on. But this is one thing I admire Trump for. Since the beginning of his term, he was aware trafficking is a huge problem, very likely inspired by Ivanka Trump who called trafficking “an ugly stain on civilization”.
Trump signed two executive orders and six other bills expressly targeting human trafficking since 2017:
- Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017: amends existing legislation and establishes penalties for promoting or facilitating sex trafficking online.
- Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017. Trump raised the statute of limitations on human trafficking offences to 10 years.
- Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2017. Amends several laws, authorizes funds and various federal agencies to combat human trafficking.
- Department of Homeland Security Blue Campaign Authorization Act. This act coordinates DHS efforts against human trafficking.
- SOAR to Health and Wellness Act of 2018. This is a Health and Human Services program to train health care providers in recognizing and providing care to potential victims of human trafficking.
- Combating Human Trafficking in Commercial Vehicles Act. This act coordinates human trafficking prevention efforts across the Department of Transportation.
- No Human Trafficking on Our Roads Act. This act directs the Department of Transportation to disqualify a person from operating a commercial vehicle for life if his vehicle was used to traffic humans.
- Abolish Human Trafficking Act of 2017. Reauthorized the Domestic Trafficking Victims’ Fund through 2023 and established additional anti-human trafficking measures across federal agencies.
I have to mention George Bush also as he signed H.R. 972, the Trafficking Victims Reauthorization Act of 2005, which made it possible to track paedophiles and traffickers who have left the US and bring them home for prosecution.
This is progress, but not nearly enough. We are still living in medieval darkness.
Why is trafficking such a good business?
Guns and drugs can only be sold once.
Women and children can be sold 10 times a day, day after day, month after month, and year after year!
Human Trafficking is the fastest growing business in the world!
Nobody knows the number of victims trafficked all over the world. International Labour Organisation estimates 25 million people are exploited for labour and 15.4 million people are in forced marriages. On top of that, there are an estimated 152 million in child labour around the world. Nothing specific on women and children sold for sexual exploitation.
On top of this, we also see organ trafficking. Nobody seems to have any numbers on how many are victims of organ trafficking. Prices on organs can be as high as $150.000! China is suspected of harvesting organs from prisoners and executions. Ethnic or religious minorities are often targeted. Read more on UN Human Rights.
How are women and children lured?
- Young female travelers are being approached by a young charming male who lures them to a place where they are held back.
- Children are being snatched from parents in crowded places in a moment of distraction.
- Dating sites and social media. Males try to win their trust, meeting women, sedating them, and dropping them in ‘secure’ houses.
- Fake job recruitment.
- Homeless children are being abducted all over the world. No one will miss them.
- Orphanages have been known to be involved in the supply of children.
- In poor countries, the pick-up guy can be anyone. Your uncle, brother-in-law, your neighbour. It can also be women!
Who are the traffickers?
There are different roles in the trafficking society.
- Snatchers are those who are good at spotting the right victims and luring them.
- Guards are those who receive women or children, often in ‘safe houses’ where they are sent off to other countries in groups. They are often armed and they often beat and rape women to humiliate them.
- Organizers are planning which girls go where. Planning the routes and bribing authorities.
- Sometimes there is a top-level executive if it is a well-organized business. Most of the money will end up here.
They are often closer than you think. In poor countries, it can be a family member, a teacher, or a neighbour. Women and children are lured and kidnapped. In Thailand parents even sell their children to survive. 93% of sexually abused children know the perpetrator. 1 third is from their own family!
Who are the customers?
In the US nearly 800.000 people are registered sex offenders. 3-5% of male adults in the US are paedophiles. The number of women who are sexual molesters has been estimated to be lower but has risen and could potentially be close to the same number as men.
There are 130 million adult men and 130 million adult women in the US. If 4% of them are paedophiles or sex molesters we have 6.6 million paedophiles in the US!!! But only around 800.000 are getting caught!
Many of them are ‘normal’ citizens but statistically this goes deep into our government too. And that’s a huge problem. They provide cover for each other and they have money to avoid prosecution. They are everywhere!
Yes! There are Internet Auctions on the Deep Dark Web where you can buy women and children. The price can be anything from $10.000 to $50.000, but virgins are often sold for $500.000!
You can buy child molestation online. Pay $25.000 for a child from a few months old to 13 years old and you can do whatever you like. You can have them molested or killed online! Or anything else a sick twisted mind can come up with.
In the US 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse. 28% between 14 and 17 are sexually victimized. Read more here.
In a way, I feel shame for being a human. We still have a long way to go as humanity. One thing that would bring trafficking to an end would be if we were able to fight poverty. In fact, it is very simple. If everybody had wealth enough there wouldn’t be crimes. But the accumulation of wealth on a few hands creates people without any money and this antagonization creates problems as it splits people. Simply because money is a scarce resource. The monetary system is not a money tree. It is a set of rules that allows people to legally steal money from each other.
Now, this wouldn’t stop paedophilia. Only trafficking. According to my sister, Celestine paedophilia is a program running in some people’s brains along with millions of other programs. IT CAN BE REPROGRAMMED! Paedophilia is a psychological inheritance from parents who also were victims of paedophilia or abuse!
I know people say it can’t be cured, but I think the issue is they don’t wanna be cured! The cause is always the same: Who am I if I am not the one I think I am?
Well, surprise! We are ALWAYS changing! Day by day!
We can change! We already do! If people say otherwise they are not rooted in reality! We DO change! We ALWAYS do! Some do it slowly. Some do it fast.